How to Hire a Painter
Your time is valuable. Why not hire a professional painter like Danbury Painting for your next project?
Hiring a professional painting contractor will take the stress out of painting your home and finding the right one is an important decision that requires careful consideration.
Use the following tips to hire the right professional for any painting project:
Getting Estimates from Painters and Painting Contractors
When you receive estimates, they should fall roughly within the same price range. If estimates differ widely from one another, ask what is not being done every pro has a different approach to job performance so be sure to compare apples to apples.
Always ask the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have insurance
- Do you subcontract your work or perform it yourself?
- Do you offer written guarantees of your work?
- What products do you use?
Be Specific and Honest about your project to your Painting service provider
It’s a good idea to walk each potential contractor around the areas (indoor or outdoor) to be painted while discussing your needs, and particularly any aspects of the project that could affect the price.
Be very specific and up front about which surfaces you want to have painted (walls, trims, moldings, ceilings, etc.) and the paint colors and finishes you want used. Using this approach, more times then not, a contractor will respect your honesty your straight forwardness and will feel more comfortable performing the work even at a discounted price.
Pay Attention to Behavior
As you meet with each Painting contractor, pay attention to the certain signs and behaviors:
- Does the contractor project a sense of professionalism and experience?
- Is the contractor courteous and business-like?
- Is the contractor busy?
- Does the contractor return phone calls and provide estimates in a timely manner?
- Is the contractor on time for appointments?
Review the Contract
Once you’ve settled on a contractor, ask for a written or typed contract and review it carefully. As a consumer, you have the right to ask detailed questions about any issues you need clarified. In particular, be sure to verify the following:
- What exactly is being painted (house, trim, walls, molding, etc.)
- Details on preparation and cleanup
- Paint colors for each area to be painted
- How the contractor will protect plants, patios, furniture, or other items
- How much time the project will take, from start to finish
- When and how the contractor will be paid
Once you complete these steps, you’ll be ready to hire the right painting contractor—and enjoy your newly painted home.
Hope this Helps